1. A joint statement from the pan-Canadian Pharmaceutical Alliance and the Canadian Generic Pharmaceutical Association. Canadian Generics Web site.
http://canadiangenerics.ca/wp-content/uploads/01.29.18-pCPA-Generics-2.0-Media-Statement_ENG_FINAL.pdf. Updated October 2017. Accessed September 4, 2018.
2. Abbreviated New Drug Submission (ANDS). Investopedia Website.
https://www.investopedia.com/terms/a/abbreviated-new-drug-submission-ands.asp. Accessed August 30, 2018.
3. Access to generic drugs in Canada. Health Canada Website.
https://www.canada.ca/en/health-canada/services/drugs-health-products/drug-products/fact-sheets/access-to-generic-drugs.html Updated May 2018. Accessed Sep 3, September.
4. Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients. Health Canada Website.
https://www.canada.ca/en/health-canada/services/drugs-health-products/compliance-enforcement/information-health-product/drugs/active-pharmaceutical-ingredients-questions-answers.html. Accessed August 29, 2018.
5. Alignment among public formularies in Canada. The National Prescription Drug Utilization Information System (NPDUIS) Website. http://www.pmprb-cepmb.gc.ca/CMFiles/NPDUIS/NPDUIS_formulary_report_part_1_en.pdf. Updated October 2017. Accessed September 3, 2018.
6. Anis AH. Pharmaceutical policies in Canada: another example of federal-provincial discord. CMAJ. 2000;162(4):523-526.
7. Are generics as good as brand-name drugs? University of Victoria Website.
https://www.uvic.ca/hr/assets/docs/benefits/Generic%20vs%20Brand%20Name.pdf. Updated May 2013. Accessed September 4, 2018.
8. Bioavailability and Bioequivalence. Canadian Agency for Drugs and Technologies in Health Website.
https://www.cadth.ca/sites/default/files/pdf/What_Are_Bioavailability_and_Bioequivalence_e.pdf. Accessed August 30, 2018.
9. Bioequivalence. CGPA Website. http://canadiangenerics.ca/get-the-facts/bioequivalence/. Accessed August 29, 2018.
10. Canada’s generics industry to cut prices by up to 40%. GaBi Online Web site.
http://www.gabionline.net/Generics/General/Canada-s-generics-industry-to-cut-prices-by-up-to-40. Accessed August 31, 2018.
11. Canadian generic drug sector study. 2007. Competition Bureau Canada Website.
http://www.competitionbureau.gc.ca/eic/site/cb-bc.nsf/vwapj/Competition%20Bureau%20Generic%20Drug%20Sector%20Study.pdf/$FILE/Competition%20Bureau%20Generic%20Drug%20Sector%20Study.pdf Updated October 2007. Accessed Sep 3, 2018.
12. Canadian Market Facts. CGPA Web site. http://canadiangenerics.ca/get-the-facts/canadian-market-facts/#info. Accessed September 05, 2018.
13. CGPA consumer brochure.
http://canadiangenerics.ca/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/CGPA_ConsumerBrochure2015_PAAB_Web_Eng_Flat.pdf. Updated October 2015. Accessed Sep 3, 2018.
14. Weinstock-Guttman B, Nair KV, Glajch JL, Ganguly TC, Kantor D. Two decades of glatiramer acetate: From initial discovery to the current development of generics. J Neurol Sci. 2017;376:255-259.
15. Drug Reimbursement in Canada. Innomar Strategies Web site.
https://www.innomar-strategies.com/insights/drug-reimbursement-in-canada. Accessed September 5, 2018.
16. Ensuring a Consistent Supply of Safe, Effective and High-Quality Generic Medicines for CGPA Website.
http://canadiangenerics.ca/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/10.17.16DeloitteGlobalSupplyChainReport_ENG_FINAL.pdf. Accessed August 31, 2018.
17. Fact Sheet – Biosimilars. Health Canada Website.
https://www.canada.ca/en/health-canada/services/drugs-health-products/biologics-radiopharmaceuticals-genetic-therapies/applications-submissions/guidance-documents/fact-sheet-biosimilars.html. Accessed September 04, 2018.
18. Facts about generic drugs. FDA Website.
https://wayback.archive-it.org/7993/20170722032925/https://www.fda.gov/Drugs/ResourcesForYou/Consumers/BuyingUsingMedicineSafely/UnderstandingGenericDrugs/ucm167991.htm. Accessed August 29, 2018.
19. Generic and brand name drugs: understanding the basics. DBSA Web site. http://www.dbsalliance.org/pdfs/GenericRx.pdf. Updated 2007. Accessed September 3, 2018.
20. Generic drug industry agrees to cut prices up to 40% in 5-year deal with provinces. Canadian Broadcasting Corporation Web site. https://www.cbc.ca/news/health/generic-drug-prices-1.4509073. Accessed August 31, 2018.
21. Generic drugs: Questions & Answers. FDA Website.
https://www.fda.gov/drugs/resourcesforyou/consumers/questionsanswers/ucm100100.htm. Accessed August 31, 2018.
22. Generic drugs: Your questions answered. 2018. https://www.cadth.ca/generic-drugs/your-questions-answered/ Updated July 2015. Accessed September 3, 2018.
23. Generic medication substitution. CADDAC Web site. http://caddac.ca/adhd/document/generic-medication-substitution/ Updated 2017. Accessed September 3, 2018.
24. Generic medicine-same quality, safety and efficacy as brand name drugs. CGPA Website.
http://canadiangenerics.ca/get-the-facts/generic-medicine/. Accessed August 31, 2018.
25. Generics360 – Generic drugs in Canada. Government of Canada Website.
http://www.pmprb-cepmb.gc.ca/view.asp?ccid=1347&lang=en. Updated 2016. Accessed August 29, 2018.
26. Grootendorst P, Bouchard R, Hollis A. Canada’s laws on pharmaceutical intellectual property: the case for fundamental reform. CMAJ. 2012:184(5):543-549
27. Guidance For Industry - Management of Drug Submissions_2013. Government of Canada Website.
https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/hc-sc/migration/hc-sc/dhp-mps/alt_formats/pdf/prodpharma/applic-demande/guide-ld/mgmt-gest/mands_gespd-eng.pdf. Accessed September 04, 2018.
28. Health Products and Food Branch. Health Canada Website.
29. Yet another biosimilar seems as safe and as effective as Herceptin. Breast Cancer Website.
https://www.breastcancer.org/research-news/another-herceptin-biosimilar-shows-promise. Accessed November 07, 2018
30. Humanized monoclonal antibody. National Cancer Institute Website.
https://www.cancer.gov/publications/dictionaries/cancer-terms/def/humanized-monoclonal-antibody Accessed September 17, 2018
31. O’Grady K. Four ways Canadians can save money on prescription meds. The Globe and Mail Web site.
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe-investor/personal-finance/household-finances/four-ways-canadians-can-save-money-on-prescription-meds/article33825086/. Updated May 2018. Accessed September 3, 2018.
32. Palmer WN. Ontario’s generic pricing policy. What does it mean for the patented medicines industry. PDCI Market Access Website. http://pdci.ca/pdf/events/Palmer%20Presentation%20Strategy%20Institute%20November%202010.pdf. Accessed on September 3, 2018.
33. Picard A. Patent expiry for some blockbuster drugs presents huge saving opportunity. 2018.
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/health-and-fitness/patent-expiry-for-some-blockbuster-drugs-presents-huge-saving-opportunity/article4322763/. Accessed September 3, 2018.
34. Prescription Drug Market: The world is turning to generics. Market Realist Website.
https://marketrealist.com/2015/03/affordable-pricing-driving-generic-drug-market. Accessed September 04, 2018.
35. Rocco P, Musazzi UM, Franzè S, Minghetti P. Copies of nonbiological complex drugs: generic, hybrid or biosimilar? Drug Discov Today. 2018. pii: S1359-6446(18)30082-5
36. Similarities and differences between brand name and generic drugs.
https://www.cadth.ca/generic-drugs/similarities-and-differences-between-brand-name-and-generic-drugs. Updated July 2015. Accessed September 3, 2018.
37. Thangaraj M, Ganesan SP. Discovery of drug brand names from the web. Int J Adv Technol.2016.7;170:1-8.
38. The central role of excipients in drug formulation. European Pharmaceutical Review Website.
https://www.europeanpharmaceuticalreview.com/article/18434/the-central-role-of-excipients-in-drug-formulation-2/. Accessed August 29, 2018.
39. The generic pharmaceutical industry’s role in Canadian healthcare. CGPA Website.
http://canadiangenerics.ca/wp-content/uploads/Generic_Role_Healthcare_2018_ENGLISH.pdf Updated May 2018. Accessed Sep 3, 2018.
40. The Safety and Effectiveness of Generic Drugs. Government of Canada Website.
https://www.canada.ca/en/health-canada/services/healthy-living/your-health/medical-information/safety-effectiveness-generic-drugs.html. Accessed August 30, 2018.
41. The truth about generics vs. brand-name medications. https://www.huffingtonpost.in/entry/generic-prescriptions_n_6730194. Updated February 2015. Accessed September 4, 2018.